Home » News » Public Safety
Firefighters plan benefit for Sullivan chief
The dance is planned to take place at the American Legion, 797 Court St., Keene, from noon to 6 p.m.
Henry has been on medical leave for almost two years, said Sullivan Fire Lt. Rick Plankey, who organized the event.
Initially unexplained intestinal pain was the cause and led to surgery.
He was expected to return to work recently when he had to undergo open heart surgery, Plankey said.
"He's had a rough time of it and the bills are starting to pile up so I decided to get together with all the guys and do a benefit for him," Plankey said.
Henry has been with the department about 25 years and has been chief for more than 10 years.The department is hoping he will be able to return after he recovers from heart surgery, Plankey said.
"He hasn't had very good luck the past couple of years, but he looks a lot better," Plankey said.
Admission to the dance is $10 and includes food. A Sullivan musician is bringing his band to play and will DJ in-between the live sets.
Local businesses have chipped in with raffle prizes, including Discount Oil of Keene which has given 125 gallons of oil. A week's stay at a hunting lodge in Maine is also being raffled off.
There are gift cards up for raffle from Hannaford, Target, Cheshire Village Pizza, Papagallos, Tire Warehouse and Cheshire Tire.
"Everybody's welcome to come and we look forward to a nice big crowd," Plankey said "The more money we can raise for him the better it will be for him. It's open to everybody, whoever wants to come."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare shakes its head at police department saga - 1
- Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault - 4
- Londonderry man killed in I-495 off-ramp crash identified - 0
- American Ambulance Service gets accreditation from industry group - 0
- Canaan man dies after vehicle falls on him - 1
- Police say party near Keene State got out of control, became 'mass casualty incident' - 19
- KSC president 'saddened and disheartened' at Pumpkin Festival mayhem - 2
- More violence at Keene - 3
- Londonderry man killed in Massachusetts motorcycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flash mob workshop will be a 'Thriller' - 0
- Former Royals slugger and current Giants scout Balboni's heart remains with San Francisco - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: The pesky problem of financing inventions - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Kelley Tambouris: I am a Manchester teacher, and I need more support - 0
- What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy - 2
- Government thinks it's your right not to know - 0
- On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it - 2
- Two nonprofits receive a 'quick' $25,000 after pitch - 0
- Big step forward for Littleton outdoor footwear manufacturer - 0
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Monitoring social media
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy