Home » News » Public Safety
Firefighters plan benefit for Sullivan chief
The dance is planned to take place at the American Legion, 797 Court St., Keene, from noon to 6 p.m.
Henry has been on medical leave for almost two years, said Sullivan Fire Lt. Rick Plankey, who organized the event.
Initially unexplained intestinal pain was the cause and led to surgery.
He was expected to return to work recently when he had to undergo open heart surgery, Plankey said.
"He's had a rough time of it and the bills are starting to pile up so I decided to get together with all the guys and do a benefit for him," Plankey said.
Henry has been with the department about 25 years and has been chief for more than 10 years.The department is hoping he will be able to return after he recovers from heart surgery, Plankey said.
"He hasn't had very good luck the past couple of years, but he looks a lot better," Plankey said.
Admission to the dance is $10 and includes food. A Sullivan musician is bringing his band to play and will DJ in-between the live sets.
Local businesses have chipped in with raffle prizes, including Discount Oil of Keene which has given 125 gallons of oil. A week's stay at a hunting lodge in Maine is also being raffled off.
There are gift cards up for raffle from Hannaford, Target, Cheshire Village Pizza, Papagallos, Tire Warehouse and Cheshire Tire.
"Everybody's welcome to come and we look forward to a nice big crowd," Plankey said "The more money we can raise for him the better it will be for him. It's open to everybody, whoever wants to come."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bridgewater votes to study withdrawal from school district - 0
- Conklin, Girouard win in Plymouth - 0
- Hooksett has five new school board members - 0
- DeWolfe, Felton, Newton win in Ashland; budget article fails - 0
- Dalton voters elect new selectman, reject police vehicle - 0
- Plaistow voters okay new police contract - 0
- Fischer defeats Flattes in Derry Council race - 0
- Hudson voters reject budget, approve police and fire contracts - 0
- Troy fire chief receives a vote of confidence - 0
Middlebrooks homers; Red Sox win, lose one
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus