Home » News » Public Safety
Firefighters plan benefit for Sullivan chief
The dance is planned to take place at the American Legion, 797 Court St., Keene, from noon to 6 p.m.
Henry has been on medical leave for almost two years, said Sullivan Fire Lt. Rick Plankey, who organized the event.
Initially unexplained intestinal pain was the cause and led to surgery.
He was expected to return to work recently when he had to undergo open heart surgery, Plankey said.
"He's had a rough time of it and the bills are starting to pile up so I decided to get together with all the guys and do a benefit for him," Plankey said.
Henry has been with the department about 25 years and has been chief for more than 10 years.The department is hoping he will be able to return after he recovers from heart surgery, Plankey said.
"He hasn't had very good luck the past couple of years, but he looks a lot better," Plankey said.
Admission to the dance is $10 and includes food. A Sullivan musician is bringing his band to play and will DJ in-between the live sets.
Local businesses have chipped in with raffle prizes, including Discount Oil of Keene which has given 125 gallons of oil. A week's stay at a hunting lodge in Maine is also being raffled off.
There are gift cards up for raffle from Hannaford, Target, Cheshire Village Pizza, Papagallos, Tire Warehouse and Cheshire Tire.
"Everybody's welcome to come and we look forward to a nice big crowd," Plankey said "The more money we can raise for him the better it will be for him. It's open to everybody, whoever wants to come."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Rymes is ready to roll following Fred Fuller purchase - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 1
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 6
- On being American: A point for reflection - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection