Home » News » Public Safety
Four-vehicle crash injures Epsom man in Lee
While a piece of a box truck pierced the windshield and missed the driver of this Volvo, he sustained a head injury following an accident along Route 4 in Lee Thursday. (Courtesy photo)
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded after a westbound Silver Volvo, driven by Dylan Smith, 24, of Epsom, encountered traffic and struck the rear of a green box truck, driven by Peter Hutchins, 42, of Epsom, before hitting a guardrail and striking a 2004 Gold Toyota RAV4, driven by Angela Mangini, 64, of Londonderry.
As a result of the impact, the RAV4 was pushed into a 2007 Hyundai Elantra driven by Janice Girard, 65, of Rochester, before it ended up on the opposite side of Route 4.
Sgt. Thomas Dronsfield said while a piece of the box truck went through the windshield of the Volvo, it did not hit the driver. He added it appears Smith was not wearing his seat belt and the crash remains under investigation.
Ambulance crews transported Smith to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 3
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jailed man faces new charge for allegedly contacting witness - 0
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 4
- Nashua man arrested in Brookline stabbing - 0
- Cumberland Farms robbed; third store hit this month in Rochester - 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 3
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 4
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 1
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
LNG plant put 'on hold'