Home » News » Public Safety
Rochester man injured following crash in Gonic Wednesday
Route 125 in Rochester was closed while police investigated and firefighters cleaned up a two-vehicle accident. (Courtesy photo)
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 4:57 p.m. after a 1990 Toyota Camry, driven by a Robert Irving, 52, of Rochester, struck a 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt, driven Samantha McLaughlin, 20, of Seabrook.
Investigators believe the Camry was attempting to leave the Advance Auto Parts along Route 125 (Gonic Road) when the accident occurred.
While McLaughlin declined assistance, paramedics transported Irving to Frisbie Memorial Hospital, according to police.
Gonic Road was briefly closed to one lane of travel during the investigation. It was reopened after the Toyota and Chevrolet, which both sustained moderate damage, were towed from the scene.
Irving was issued a summons for allegedly failing to yield.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem