Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: SNHU softball sweeps Franklin Pierce
In the opener, Ali Maloof went the distance, striking out 12. Cristy Jenkins of Hudson clubbed a solo homer. In the nightcap, Dolores Mattice hurled a shutout, scattering seven hits.
St. Anselm 20, SNHU 12: At Grappone Stadium, Marissa Daly led the Hawks with six goals, and Kaitlyn Stazinski added five. The Hawks improved to 8-2 and 5-1 in the Northeast-10 Conference. SNHU's Ellie Morin scored four times, in the process becoming the sixth player in program history with 100 career points. Concord's The Penmen are 5-7 and 4-4 in the NE-10.
SNHU 14, Franklin Pierce 6: At Larkin Field, John Cuozzo notched two goals and two assists and Corey Allen scored four goals to help the Penmen beat their rivals. SNHU is 4-7 overall, 4-3 in the league.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Central builds early lead, beats Pinkerton - 0
- Pinkerton, Memorial deadlock - 0
- Concord's Law is Athlete of the Month - 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'