Pinkerton girls open lacrosse season in style
"We opened our season last year 0-6," said Pinkerton head coach Rob Daziel after Erin Coutts scored six goals and added an assist in leading the Astros to an impressive season-opening 18-6 Division I victory against Concord in Derry Tuesday.
"We're still an offensive team, but more balanced than last season," said Daziel, noting his defense is led by seniors Allison Deyett, Madison Driscoll and Chevy Collins.
"We started last season with six losses, finished 9-9 and lost by two goals to Londonderry in the quarterfinals," said Daziel. "We return a young dedicated team. As for this season, I will be very disappointed if we don't end up with a winning record."
Pinkerton roared out to a 7-1 lead and took a 12-4 halftime advantage against the Crimson Tide.
Kennedy Daziel and Maggie McCarthy each contributed four goals and two assists to the winning cause while Mecaela Capozzo and Maggie Mulrennan each added two goals.
Grace Orzechowski and Adelaide Symmes each scored two goals for Concord.
Pinkerton remains home Friday to host Salem at 5 p.m. On Saturday at noon, the Astros will play host to Division II Portsmouth.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Since Day 1, a focus on excellence for Penmen - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Once more, with even more feeling - 0
- NH College Roundup: Dartmouth basketball team rips Maine - 0
- Dartmouth hockey team tops Harvard for first victory - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Defense drives Wildcats' bus -- all the way to Orono - 1
- Men's Hockey: DeSmith posts shutout as Wildcats sweep Colorado College - 0
- College Football: Complete victory sees UNH move on in FCS playoffs - 1
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU falls in PAL/Stovepipe hockey play - 0
- NH College Notebook: Six SNHU men's soccer players named to All-East Region team - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list