Pinkerton girls open lacrosse season in style
"We opened our season last year 0-6," said Pinkerton head coach Rob Daziel after Erin Coutts scored six goals and added an assist in leading the Astros to an impressive season-opening 18-6 Division I victory against Concord in Derry Tuesday.
"We're still an offensive team, but more balanced than last season," said Daziel, noting his defense is led by seniors Allison Deyett, Madison Driscoll and Chevy Collins.
"We started last season with six losses, finished 9-9 and lost by two goals to Londonderry in the quarterfinals," said Daziel. "We return a young dedicated team. As for this season, I will be very disappointed if we don't end up with a winning record."
Pinkerton roared out to a 7-1 lead and took a 12-4 halftime advantage against the Crimson Tide.
Kennedy Daziel and Maggie McCarthy each contributed four goals and two assists to the winning cause while Mecaela Capozzo and Maggie Mulrennan each added two goals.
Grace Orzechowski and Adelaide Symmes each scored two goals for Concord.
Pinkerton remains home Friday to host Salem at 5 p.m. On Saturday at noon, the Astros will play host to Division II Portsmouth.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Big challenges? Bring ’em on - 3
- Florida State's Winston captures Heisman Trophy by a landslide - 0
- College Football: UNH in FCS semifinals for first time ever - 2
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU men cagers can't hold big lead against Merrimack - 1
- Good-natured talk leads to friendly bet in UNH game - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Hard work paid off for UNH coaches - 0
- College Football: UNH on a business trip - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 1
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 22
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child