State police charge two in drug diversion cases
Two New Hampshire residents were arrested on drugs charges, the result of two separate investigation by the New Hampshire State Police Narcotics & Investigations Unit.
Kelli Clifford, 28, of 256 Wibird St., Portsmouth, was arrested Sunday night on a warrant charging her with obtaining a controlled drug (Adderall) by fraud (doctor shopping).
State Police Sgt. Robert Lefoley of the Narcotics and investigations Unit explained that doctor shopping involves an individual going from one practitioner to another seeking prescriptions for narcotics. "Oftentimes, the doctor is unaware of it until we tell him,' Lefoley said.
On Monday night, William Eades, 53, of 23 Perley St., Concord, was arrested by Coventry, R.I., police on a fugitive from justice charge on a warrant issued by the same state police unit also charging Eades with obtaining a controlled drug by fraud.
Eades is accused of obtaining oxycodone using fraudulent prescriptions, according to Lefoley.
Clifford and Eades were arrested after separate two-week investigations.
Clifford was arrested by Portsmouth police and brought to the Rockingham County jail in Brentwood where she later posted $500 cash bail. She is to be arraigned May 10 at 1 p.m. in 10th Circuit Court, Brentwood District Division.
Eades is being held in Rhode Island, awaiting rendition to New Hampshire.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.