Londonderry man arrested after neighbors see him shooting in driveway
LONDONDERRY - A Londonderry man was arrested Wednesday morning after neighbors reported seeing him shooting a handgun at the end of his driveway.
Police received reports of the incident at 8:19 a.m. and rushed to the Valley Street neighborhood where the man had last been seen walking.
According to Lt. Tim Jones, the incident remains under investigation and officers remain on the scene to determine whether or not any nearby homes were grazed with bullets.
"Since there was no visual on the subject, all efforts went into containment," Jones said.
As they waited for SWAT teams to arrive, Londonderry Police were contacted by the Manchester Police Department and learned the subject, Donald Pearson, had apparently been dropped off at the Manchester-Boston Regional Airport.
Jones said Manchester Police received a 911 call from the person who'd driven Pearson to the airport. Attempts by police to interview that person have been unsuccessful.
Pearson, age unknown, of 6 Valley St., was arrested without incident and taken into police custody at the airport a short time later.
According to Jones, Pearson was apprehended by airport officers after they spotted him attempting to break into a car parked curbside.
Shortly before 11 a.m. Wednesday morning, police were still processing Pearson at Londonderry Police headquarters. He faces charges of reckless conduct with a firearm.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.