Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Mass. man charged in fatal Claremont wreck
"Preliminary investigation shows that both speed and alcohol were factors in the accident," Police Chief Alexander Scott said in a press release Wednesday.
Luke Garlinger, 29, of Mansfield, Mass., was arrested and charged Wednesday with negligent homicide for the fatal collision that occurred shortly after midnight on Sunday.
Shellie Blaisdell of Windsor, VT., was killed in the crash. A 13-year-old male passenger in Blaisdell's vehicle, who was seriously injured, has since been released from the hospital and is recovering at home, Scott said in a press release Wednesday.
According to police, the collision occurred when a Toyota Tacoma pickup headed east on Main Street suddenly veered into the opposite lane and hit the Pontiac minivan near the Tractor Supply Store on Main Street.
Scott said Monday it appears the Toyota pickup, driven by Garlinger, was speeding at the time of the crash.
Blaisdell, who had been driving the minivan, died early Sunday morning at Valley Regional Hospital, as the result of injuries she suffered in the accident.
Her 13-year-old passenger was treated at the hospital for serious injuries.
Garlinger was taken to Valley Regional and then transported to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. He was listed in fair condition Monday afternoon, medical center officials said.
Wednesday Scott said, "Garlinger was traveling east on Main Street well in excess of the posted speed limit when the Toyota Tacoma pick-up truck he was driving crossed the double yellow line and collided head-on with a Pontiac Minivan driven by Shellie Blaisdell."
Garlinger is expected to be arraigned in the 5th Circuit Court, Claremont District Division Thursday at 10 a.m.
He is currently being held at the Sullivan County House of Corrections pending his arraignment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
- Man charged with sex assault, sticking woman with hypodermic needle - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 6
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 1
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw
Trump fired up over NH mailer
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483