Woman arrested in Derry general store robbery
DERRY - Derry police arrested a 23-year-old Derry woman in the robbery of the East Derry General Store on Sunday evening.
Rochelle Richards, 23, whose last known address was 1 Skylark Drive in Derry, was charged with one count of robbery and held on $50,000 bail, according to Capt. Vernon Thomas of the Derry Police Department.
Police also impounded Richards' blue Dodge Neon. Surveillance photos released by the Derry police after the robbery showed a blue Dodge Neon in the parking lot after the robbery. According to Thomas, detectives received several tips and leads identifying Richards as the suspect.
Richards was transported to Londonderry, where she was charged with attempted robbery in connection with the attempted robbery of the Subway on Perkins Road in that town on Monday night.
As in the East Derry General Store robbery, the female suspect stated she had a weapon but did not show it. Workers from the Subway also stated that the suspect left in a blue Dodge Neon that was parked across the street.
According to Thomas, the investigation is ongoing.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.