Home » News » Public Safety
Police: Speed was a factor in fatal Claremont accident
"Speed appears to have been a factor and everything else is under investigation," Scott said.
A Toyota Tacoma pickup was headed east on Main Street in Claremont when it suddenly veered into the opposite lane and hit the Pontiac minivan near the Tractor Supply Store on Main Street, according to police.
Scott said it appears the Toyota pickup, driven by Luke Garlinger, 29, of Mansfield, Mass., was speeding at the time of the crash.
The woman driving the minivan, Shellie Blaisdell, 42, of Windsor, Vt., died early Monday morning at Valley Regional Hospital as the result of injuries she suffered in the accident.
A 13-year-old passenger in Blaisdell's car is being treated at the hospital for serious injuries.
Garlinger was taken to Valley Regional and then transported to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. He was listed in fair condition Monday afternoon, medical center officials said.
Scott said the crash is still under investigation and no charges are being sought at this time.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua - 0
- Police officer, firefighter team up to rescue dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- Police dog Mingo is in even better hands - 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 1
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incesed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 0
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
NH native holds lead spot in Iditarod
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?