Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Merrimack polls open today
There is one contested race. School board incumbents Christopher Ortega and Shannon Barnes and Gary Krupp, a member of the school district budget committee, are running for two spots on the school board.
Running unopposed for two slots on the town council are incumbent Daniel Dwyer and former councilor David Yakuboff. Councilor Jackie Flood has decided not to seek re-election.
Voters will be asked to decide on a $28.7 million town operating budget that would keep the tax rate steady at $5.25 per $1,000 of assessed valuation. Voters will also be asked to approve a $66.3 million operating budget for the school district, and a new contract with teachers that represents an increase of about $1.65 million in salaries over the next three years.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Free state garden: Weeding is always good - 27
- August recess: Whither our NH representatives? - 1
- Portsmouth saga: Was this 'Officer Too-Friendly?' - 1
- Armed to the teeth, national media discover Bearcats - 19
- Market Basket fallout: Most innocent bystanders - 14
- Pick Walt: Let's have Havenstein - 26
- Reason for change: NH budget is in a shambles - 1
- Robin Williams: A special light goes out - 4
- Democratic primary: Will wonders never cease? - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglar nets undisclosed amount of cash in Domino’s robbery - 0
- Traffic change Wednesday for Keene State move-in day - 0
- Lawyer goes to court to try to reopen Manchester stores closed over ‘spice’ - 2
- Angels capitalize on Sox’ mistakes - 0
- SNHU and NHIA say they’ll delay merger - 0
- Driver hits cruiser in Hollis - 0
- Giants will be just fine, says unimpressive Eli - 0
- Cubs’ Hendricks beats Mets, improves to 5-1 - 0
- Wizards and warriors on the cheap - 0
Whole Foods poised to open in Nashua
Free state garden: Weeding is always good
Manchester judge: Open store that sold spice
NH worker health costs top U.S. list
Angels capitalize on Sox’ mistakes
Judge slams spice search
Market Basket: On the brink again
NH's immigrants: Welcome the ones from Mass.
Pope’s call-out Where’s the Muslim outrage?
'Chicken' arrested at Londonderry parade