Voting open for Monarchs Fan Favorite
The winner will be announced during ceremonies before the Monarchs' final regular-season home game, Sunday at 3 p.m.
Fan Favorite finalists include three right wingmen, Justin Johnson, Brandon Kozun and Stefan Legein; left wing Colton Yellow Horn; center Linden Vey; defenseman Andrew Campbell and goalie Martin Jones.
This is the 11th season the Union Leader has invited readers to select the Monarchs Fan Favorite. Previous winners include Eric Healey (2003), Jeff Giuliano (2004, '05), Petr Kanko (2006), Jason LaBarbera (2007), Brian Boyle (2008), Kevin Westgarth (2009, '10), Bud Holloway (2011) and Justin Azevedo.
LaBarbera is the only goaltender to have won the award.
Azevedo, the 2012 recipient, lost his opportunity to become the third two-time recipient of the award when he signed with Rauman Lukko of the Finnish League.
Sunday's game against the Worcester Sharks concludes a busy weekend at Verizon Wireless Arena for Manchester, which hosts the Connecticut Whale on Friday at 7 p.m. and the Hershey Bears on Saturday, also at 7.
The Monarchs finish the regular season with three road games, at Binghamton on April 19, at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on April 20 and at Hershey on April 21.
Manchester (32-31-7, 71 points) currently trails Hershey by four points for the fourth and final Eastern Conference playoff berth.
READER COMMENTS: 42
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 1
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 13
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama the oblivious - 6
- Roger Simon: What Nelson Mandela overcame - 1
- George Will: Raise the minimum wage? It's iffy - 10
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0