Bode Miller's brother, professional snowboarder Chelone Miller, found dead
The U.S. Ski and Snowboarding Association announced Miller's death Monday in a post on its website, saying he died Sunday morning from an apparent seizure believed to be related to a 2005 motorcycle accident that put him in a coma for 11 days.
"Chelone Miller was an aspiring elite athlete who had made great progress as a snowboardcross rider this past season," said Bill Marolt, U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association president and chief executive officer. "We are all deeply saddened at the news of his death and extend our condolences to the entire Miller family."
According to USSA, Chelone Miller had been focusing on qualifying for the 2014 Winter Olympics in snowboardcross. He finished fourth last month in a U.S. Snowboarding Grand Prix event in Park City, Utah.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Navy again seeking bids to develop former prison 'The Castle' at Portsmouth shipyard - 0
- Navy: Anyone want keys to the Castle at Portsmouth shipyard? - 1
- Occupy Manchester group ousted from park makes case before New Hampshire Supreme Ccourt - 0
- Former NH state trooper gets new state job after 2010 conviction - 18
- Public hearing is set in Portsmouth on plan to beddown 12 KC-46A aircraft - 0
- U.N. denies reports representative in Ukraine seized in Crimea - 0
- Frigid weather has maple producers expecting a 'couple of weeks' delay - 0
- NH Motor Speedway founder selling lakeside estate for NH-record $49 million - 7
- Crotched Mountain honors its farming roots with tree farm honor - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 1
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'