Boat access site in Alton Bay to close for 3 days
CONCORD - The N.H. Fish and Game Department will close the fishing dock at the new Downing's Landing boat access site in Alton Bay for about three days, from April 15-17, while structural engineers assess the condition of the dock and determine future repair needs.
Fish and Game purchased the former private marina at the southern tip of Alton Bay in November, creating the first public boat access facility on Lake Winnipesaukee. In addition to the fishing dock, the facility includes a boat launch, parking area and opportunities for shorebank fishing.
New Hampshire's Public Boat Access Program is funded through boat registration fees and federal Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration funds, a true user-pay, user-benefit program. Fish and Game's Facilities and Lands Division acquires land for public water access sites, refurbishes existing sites and builds new public boat access areas. Fish and Game maintains more than 140 public boat access sites throughout New Hampshire.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.