Kolomatis' goal lifts Monarchs
Kolomatis scored 1:50 into overtime on Sunday, lifting the Monarchs to a crucial 4-3 road victory over the Worcester Sharks at the DCU Center.
The win provided a crucial two points for Manchester in the Eastern Conference playoff hunt. The Monarchs have 71 points, four points behind eighth-place Hershey, with six games remaining.
For the winner, Kolomatis followed up his original shot, which had been blocked, at the right-wing face-off circle and wristed it past Sharks goalie Harri Sateri high over the stick side. David Meckler and Hunter Bishop claimed assists.
The Monarchs were two seconds away from winning the game in regulation when, with Sateri pulled, Freddie Hamilton knotted the game at 3-3.
Andrew Campbell, Jordan Weal and Brian O'Neill scored for Manchester to open up a 3-1 lead midway through the second period.
But Worcester, which had evened the game at 1-1 through Riley Brace in the second period, got even with a goal by Daniil Tarasov 17 seconds into the third period, and then Hamilton's late equalizer.
The Monarchs play their final three home games of the regular season next weekend: Friday against Connecticut, Saturday against Hershey and Sunday against Worcester.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
- Vin Sylvia: After Ellsbury: Give the kids a chance - 0
- Penmen follow simple theme - 0
- Last Huddle for Lenahan today - 0
- Monarchs back to work for three-game weekend - 0
- Army captain stops LaMotte in mixed martial arts bout - 0
- College Notebook: NH athletes receive fall accolades - 0
- MMA 'Throwdown at The Rock' to feature Nate LaMottee - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man faces DWI charge following crash - 0
- FBI 'concerned' for Hernandez - 0
- Officials will share new information about missing Conway teen - 1
- South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies at 95 - 1
- Fire scene closes Goffstown's Paige Hill Road - 0
- Gas tax increase would be tied to consumer price index - 6
- Dingman granted conditional parole - 6
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans