Kolomatis' goal lifts Monarchs
Kolomatis scored 1:50 into overtime on Sunday, lifting the Monarchs to a crucial 4-3 road victory over the Worcester Sharks at the DCU Center.
The win provided a crucial two points for Manchester in the Eastern Conference playoff hunt. The Monarchs have 71 points, four points behind eighth-place Hershey, with six games remaining.
For the winner, Kolomatis followed up his original shot, which had been blocked, at the right-wing face-off circle and wristed it past Sharks goalie Harri Sateri high over the stick side. David Meckler and Hunter Bishop claimed assists.
The Monarchs were two seconds away from winning the game in regulation when, with Sateri pulled, Freddie Hamilton knotted the game at 3-3.
Andrew Campbell, Jordan Weal and Brian O'Neill scored for Manchester to open up a 3-1 lead midway through the second period.
But Worcester, which had evened the game at 1-1 through Riley Brace in the second period, got even with a goal by Daniil Tarasov 17 seconds into the third period, and then Hamilton's late equalizer.
The Monarchs play their final three home games of the regular season next weekend: Friday against Connecticut, Saturday against Hershey and Sunday against Worcester.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
- Stained-glass windows get new look at Tucker Free Library in Henniker - 0
- State Supreme Court overturns termination of father’s parental rights - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list