Conway's Locke beaten by Dodgers in first Pirates start
Locke hurled six innings, allowing eight hits and four runs (all earned) in the Pittsburgh Pirates' 6-2 loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sunday at Dodger Stadium. Locke fanned three and walked one.
Hyun-Jin Ryu bounced back from an average first outing to get the win, which enabled the Dodgers to complete a three-game sweep of the Bucs.
Ryu, one of Los Angeles' prize offseason acquisition after signing a $36-million contract that wooed him away from the Hanwha Eagles of the Korean Baseball Organization, threw 6 1/3 innings of three-hit ball, settling down after allowing a first-inning two-run homer by Andrew McCutchen. Ryu had six strikeouts and two walks and threw 67 strikes in 101 pitches.
Adrian Gonzalez went 3-for-4 with four RBIs after have just one RBI in his first four games.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Notebook: NH athletes receive fall accolades - 0
- MMA 'Throwdown at The Rock' to feature Nate LaMottee - 0
- Soccer kings' dominance unparalleled - 0
- (No heading) - 0
- UPDATED: Hopkinton High lacrosse coach Doug Maynard dies - 0
- Windham field hockey prevails in overtime - 0
- Allen Lessels UNH Notebook: And now, no room for error - 0
- High School Roundup - 0
- Ian Clark's Corner Kicks: Hanover boys are on a roll - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 4
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'