Conway's Locke beaten by Dodgers in first Pirates start
Locke hurled six innings, allowing eight hits and four runs (all earned) in the Pittsburgh Pirates' 6-2 loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sunday at Dodger Stadium. Locke fanned three and walked one.
Hyun-Jin Ryu bounced back from an average first outing to get the win, which enabled the Dodgers to complete a three-game sweep of the Bucs.
Ryu, one of Los Angeles' prize offseason acquisition after signing a $36-million contract that wooed him away from the Hanwha Eagles of the Korean Baseball Organization, threw 6 1/3 innings of three-hit ball, settling down after allowing a first-inning two-run homer by Andrew McCutchen. Ryu had six strikeouts and two walks and threw 67 strikes in 101 pitches.
Adrian Gonzalez went 3-for-4 with four RBIs after have just one RBI in his first four games.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Johnson poised to win sixth Sprint Cup crown - 0
- Hamlin on pole for Sunday's Goody's 500 at Martinsville - 0
- Truck Series will return to Loudon Sept. 20 - 0
- McMurray winsat Talladega.; Jimmie Johnson takes Chase lead - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Ford Fall Brawl has plenty of big names - 0
- NHMS gets Sprint Cup schedule; trucks returning - 2
- Brad Keselowski outduels Kasey Kahne to return to victory lane - 0
- Harvick takes Kansas; Kenseth’s Nascar Sprint Cup lead dented - 0
- Pines Speedway Reunion set in Groveland, Mass. - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice