Conway's Locke beaten by Dodgers in first Pirates start
Locke hurled six innings, allowing eight hits and four runs (all earned) in the Pittsburgh Pirates' 6-2 loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sunday at Dodger Stadium. Locke fanned three and walked one.
Hyun-Jin Ryu bounced back from an average first outing to get the win, which enabled the Dodgers to complete a three-game sweep of the Bucs.
Ryu, one of Los Angeles' prize offseason acquisition after signing a $36-million contract that wooed him away from the Hanwha Eagles of the Korean Baseball Organization, threw 6 1/3 innings of three-hit ball, settling down after allowing a first-inning two-run homer by Andrew McCutchen. Ryu had six strikeouts and two walks and threw 67 strikes in 101 pitches.
Adrian Gonzalez went 3-for-4 with four RBIs after have just one RBI in his first four games.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand - 39
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 9
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 2
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false