Conway's Locke beaten by Dodgers in first Pirates start
Locke hurled six innings, allowing eight hits and four runs (all earned) in the Pittsburgh Pirates' 6-2 loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sunday at Dodger Stadium. Locke fanned three and walked one.
Hyun-Jin Ryu bounced back from an average first outing to get the win, which enabled the Dodgers to complete a three-game sweep of the Bucs.
Ryu, one of Los Angeles' prize offseason acquisition after signing a $36-million contract that wooed him away from the Hanwha Eagles of the Korean Baseball Organization, threw 6 1/3 innings of three-hit ball, settling down after allowing a first-inning two-run homer by Andrew McCutchen. Ryu had six strikeouts and two walks and threw 67 strikes in 101 pitches.
Adrian Gonzalez went 3-for-4 with four RBIs after have just one RBI in his first four games.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 3
- Tuesday's Mega Millions jackpot now at $585 million - 0
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 1
- Abigail's mother speaks of hope on ABC's Good Morning America - 0
- South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies at 95 - 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Ice storm threatens the region
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass