Home » News » Public Safety
Woman's body found in river in Manchester
Police Det. Sgt. Sean Leighton said "there does not appear to be any suspicious circumstances surrounding the death."
Police found the woman's body partially submerged in an area under the Granite Street Bridge by Phillippe Cote Street around 7 a.m., Leighton said.
An autopsy is scheduled for Sunday morning.
Leighton said police know the woman's identity and were in the process of notifying her family. He said the woman was not a missing person.
Michael O'Brien, who works for O'Brien's Outdoor Services in Bedford, said he showed up around 7 a.m. to do landscaping work and saw police cruisers, a fire truck and an ambulance.
"We were told not to go back there" near the bridge, he said.
After hearing someone found a body, O'Brien said, "Obviously, that's a shocker."
Last year, he said his boss found someone badly beaten up in the same general area.
"I guess it's not that unusual for things like that to occur down there," he said.
On Thursday afternoon, a passerby in Nashua spotted a body found partially submerged in the Nashua River. Police haven't released the man's name but said it could be that of a 43-year-old man reported missing in February.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 5
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Tuition tax credits make a return