All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 2 views left. | Register | Sign In


Smoking materials blamed for fire


Fire officials say careless disposal of smoking materials was to blame for a fire at Royal Crest Apartments Saturday afternoon.

The fire started on a third-floor balcony at 16 Royal Crest Dr. around 3:30 p.m., according to Deputy Fire Chief Kevin Kerrigan. "It had started to get inside, but we caught it in time," he said.

Kerrigan said the building's fire alarms went off and residents got out on their own. It took about 30 minutes to bring the fire under control.



        

FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required
Joseph W. McQuaid - Publisher

Christie is the real deal

We have found Gov. Chris Christie to be the most consistent, the most confident in his abilities, the most tested under fire, and the most likely to regain the White House from a disastrous Democratic regime.

More Public Safety


NH Angle