Home » News » Public Safety
Minivan struck head-on by pickup leaves woman dead, boy seriously injured in Claremont
Police said a Toyota Tacoma was headed east on Main Street in Claremont when it suddenly veered into the opposite lane and hit the Pontiac minivan near the Tractor Supply Store on Main Street, Claremont.
The driver of the minivan, Shellie Blaisdell, 42, of Windsor, Vt., died early this morning at Valley Regional Hospital as the result of injuries suffered in the accident.
Her 13-year-old passenger, whose name was not released, is being treated at the hospital for serious injuries.
The driver of the pick-up truck, Luke Garlinger, 29, of Mansfield, Mass., was taken to Valley Regional and then transported to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation by Claremont officers and State Police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 5
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072