Home » News » Public Safety
Minivan struck head-on by pickup leaves woman dead, boy seriously injured in Claremont
Police said a Toyota Tacoma was headed east on Main Street in Claremont when it suddenly veered into the opposite lane and hit the Pontiac minivan near the Tractor Supply Store on Main Street, Claremont.
The driver of the minivan, Shellie Blaisdell, 42, of Windsor, Vt., died early this morning at Valley Regional Hospital as the result of injuries suffered in the accident.
Her 13-year-old passenger, whose name was not released, is being treated at the hospital for serious injuries.
The driver of the pick-up truck, Luke Garlinger, 29, of Mansfield, Mass., was taken to Valley Regional and then transported to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation by Claremont officers and State Police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Body found floating in Sagamore Creek identified - 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 0
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
- No cause yet in Woodshed restaurant fire - 0
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 4
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire scene closes Goffstown's Paige Hill Road - 0
- Gas tax increase would be tied to consumer price index - 3
- Dingman granted conditional parole - 4
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 2
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 1
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072