Home » News » Public Safety
Forest fire danger warning issued in six NH counties
The forest fire danger warning is in effect for Belknap, Cheshire, Hillsborough, Merrimack, Rockingham and Strafford counties.
According to the alert, a cold and dry air mass has moved into the region, bringing low relative humidity and gusty winds. No significant precipitation is expected into early next week.
The temperatures today are predicted in the mid-30s to the upper 40s, and winds are expected to be 9 to 16 miles per hour with possible gusts up to 37 mph.
Today's fire danger for most of the southern areas of the state is rated Class 4, "very high," the second-highest level. For the Connecticut River Valley and northern portions of the state, the fire danger is Class 3, or "high."
The division also reminded residents that permits are required for all open burning in areas without snow cover.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 5
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072