Home » News » Public Safety
Forest fire danger warning issued in six NH counties
The forest fire danger warning is in effect for Belknap, Cheshire, Hillsborough, Merrimack, Rockingham and Strafford counties.
According to the alert, a cold and dry air mass has moved into the region, bringing low relative humidity and gusty winds. No significant precipitation is expected into early next week.
The temperatures today are predicted in the mid-30s to the upper 40s, and winds are expected to be 9 to 16 miles per hour with possible gusts up to 37 mph.
Today's fire danger for most of the southern areas of the state is rated Class 4, "very high," the second-highest level. For the Connecticut River Valley and northern portions of the state, the fire danger is Class 3, or "high."
The division also reminded residents that permits are required for all open burning in areas without snow cover.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'