Home » News » Public Safety
Forest fire danger warning issued in six NH counties
The forest fire danger warning is in effect for Belknap, Cheshire, Hillsborough, Merrimack, Rockingham and Strafford counties.
According to the alert, a cold and dry air mass has moved into the region, bringing low relative humidity and gusty winds. No significant precipitation is expected into early next week.
The temperatures today are predicted in the mid-30s to the upper 40s, and winds are expected to be 9 to 16 miles per hour with possible gusts up to 37 mph.
Today's fire danger for most of the southern areas of the state is rated Class 4, "very high," the second-highest level. For the Connecticut River Valley and northern portions of the state, the fire danger is Class 3, or "high."
The division also reminded residents that permits are required for all open burning in areas without snow cover.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
- Manchester man dies after being hit by car - 0
- Family, pet cats and snake escape Nottingham fire - 0
- Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting - 0
- School bus slides off road, slams into trees in Deerfield - 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents - 0
- Millsfield ready to resume holding first primary vote - 0
- Rist defends his salary as interim Central principal - 0
- The Pope's anniversary: Viewing him through different lenses - 0
- Up late with Shaheen: Misplaced Senate priorities - 0
- Jindal says GOP has to 'be a party that's for something' - 0
- NH College Notebook: Bedford's Glassman first NH player into D-I dance - 0
- Roger Brown's H.S. Basketball: Bedford girls ready to face Simpson, Lancers - 0
- Dave Solomon's Gettin' Down to Business: Tim Eccleston has a health dream for the nation - 0
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
Roger Simon: Hillary is sick - of the media
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin
GOP panel stresses teamwork, sincerity