NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
A pair of gadwall, and a pair of northern pintails were seen at Horseshoe Pond in Concord during the past week.
Ring-necked ducks, wood ducks, common goldeneyes, hooded mergansers, and common mergansers continue to be seen in good numbers in open water areas.
Thirteen fish crows were reported from Horseshoe Pond in Concord on April 3.
Fox sparrows are being reported from many locations, some with multiple birds including eight being seen in one yard in Amherst.
Numerous tree swallows have been seen during the past week, with the first report of the season coming from Nashua on March 29.
There were several sightings of American woodcock, killdeer, and Wilson's snipe, as well as a few American kestrels, merlins, ospreys, and northern harriers, all during the past week.
An eastern phoebe was seen in Penacook on April 1, and one was seen in Rochester on April 3.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford Fire Dept. to hold live burn exercise Saturday - 0
- Guns, trash and vandalism spoil Bow wooded area - 0
- Windham charter school group gaining an ally - 0
- Londonderry teen turns to Facebook in the spirit of giving - 0
- Woodland Storybook Walk invites attendees to stroll enchanted forest - 0
- Gundalow donated to Dover park - 0
- Claremont to celebrate manufacturing and jazz roots Sunday at 250th - 0
- Former Windham skate park may become gathering place for seniors - 0
- Manchester event will honor those who have battled pancreatic cancer - 0
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Win tickets to see the Amazing Nano Brothers
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks