Rotarians, Realtors plan comedy night to help veterans
Members of the Granite State South Board of Real recently joined forces with the Londonderry Rotary Club and together they're sponsoring a benefit to raise funds for various veterans' organizations later this month.
On April 26, a Comedy Night with veteran Las Vegas performer Tony Pace will entertain audiences at The Yard Restaurant in Manchester.
Rotary President Caron Renik, who is also the CEO of the GSSBR, said the goal is to raise $10,000 for the Liberty House, the Vet-to-Vet program and Homes for Our Troops charities, as well as allow them to host a barbecue for area servicemen and women at Londonderry Lions Hall June 1.
"Our goal is to make a difference not only in our town but across the state and region," Renik said. "This has been a ground-breaking experience for both organizations to help out a great cause."
The local Rotary Club recently met with Bill Zarakotas, assistant director of community development at the Liberty House, a facility for homeless veterans in Manchester.
"We learned about this great organization's mission and accomplishments, which left the members speechless with the statistics in New Hampshire alone," Renik said. "Bill spoke from the heart, not only because of the great work he does but because he is a veteran himself."
Tickets for the April 26 Comedy Night may be purchased online at www.gssbr.org.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 1
- Another View -- Fred Hiatt: Disengage from the world, and this is what happens - 1
- David Harsanyi: Are teachers really underpaid? - 10
- Jonah Goldberg: The U.N. club needs higher standards - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 20
- Deroy Murdock: What if Gaza were San Diego instead? - 1
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 55
- Another View -- Charles Lane: Obamacare and the Constitution - 22
- John Stossel: Why are we giving the police so much power? - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 2
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 9
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 7
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
- Jays' Stroman stymies Red Sox - 0
Market Basket community waits and watches
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'