UNH Manchester students welcome new Pope in Rome
Leading this group was UNH Manchester Professor Andrew Laurie Stangel, who said that the timing of the tour was fortunate, and took the group by surprise.
"We were fortunate to be in Rome for the 2057th anniversary of the Ides of March," Stangel said, "But to have been there during a Papal Conclave and the election of a new Pope is perhaps a once-in-a-lifetime experience"
Communication arts senior Amanda Turni was on the tour, and recalls as "unforgettable" the moment the Pope Francis was elected.
"The experience in Rome was the time of my life. I met awesome people, saw amazing art, and got to be a part of history," says Turni. I would go back now if I could."
The trip to Rome had been in the works for more than a year, as part of a program of art history study tours that Stangel coordinates. Students earn four credits while spending a week abroad during spring break and/or in July, between the two UNH summer terms.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Another View -- Charles Lane: The unintended consequences of our immigration laws are severe - 0
- Rockets are the bitter fruits of Israeli generosity - 0
- John Stossel: Why reporting good news is such a problem - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: In Hollywood, liberal values reign, except at the box office - 1
- Pat Buchanan: Impeaching Obama would be a mistake - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Thomas Sowell: A primer on race and do-gooders - 0
- Ramesh Ponnuru: There is no basis for liberal Hobby Lobby outrage - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long