UNH Manchester students welcome new Pope in Rome
Leading this group was UNH Manchester Professor Andrew Laurie Stangel, who said that the timing of the tour was fortunate, and took the group by surprise.
"We were fortunate to be in Rome for the 2057th anniversary of the Ides of March," Stangel said, "But to have been there during a Papal Conclave and the election of a new Pope is perhaps a once-in-a-lifetime experience"
Communication arts senior Amanda Turni was on the tour, and recalls as "unforgettable" the moment the Pope Francis was elected.
"The experience in Rome was the time of my life. I met awesome people, saw amazing art, and got to be a part of history," says Turni. I would go back now if I could."
The trip to Rome had been in the works for more than a year, as part of a program of art history study tours that Stangel coordinates. Students earn four credits while spending a week abroad during spring break and/or in July, between the two UNH summer terms.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 1
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Firefighters respond to fire at Somersworth home - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Are Concord school officials right to ban a parent from praying outside high school each morning?
- Total Votes: 466