UNH Manchester students welcome new Pope in Rome
Leading this group was UNH Manchester Professor Andrew Laurie Stangel, who said that the timing of the tour was fortunate, and took the group by surprise.
"We were fortunate to be in Rome for the 2057th anniversary of the Ides of March," Stangel said, "But to have been there during a Papal Conclave and the election of a new Pope is perhaps a once-in-a-lifetime experience"
Communication arts senior Amanda Turni was on the tour, and recalls as "unforgettable" the moment the Pope Francis was elected.
"The experience in Rome was the time of my life. I met awesome people, saw amazing art, and got to be a part of history," says Turni. I would go back now if I could."
The trip to Rome had been in the works for more than a year, as part of a program of art history study tours that Stangel coordinates. Students earn four credits while spending a week abroad during spring break and/or in July, between the two UNH summer terms.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- $1 million cut from Nashua school budget - 0
- Video on molestation, shown to Manchester 3rd graders, upsets parents - 19
- Claremont high school’s renovation causes upset, sparks inspection - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Loeb School spring classes offer career-change chance - 0
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 1
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Hockey: Northeastern wins in OT, forces Game 3 with UNH - 0
- NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll - 0
- Pembroke voters OK clock tower face-lift - 0
- Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer - 0
- Groveton backs 'Plan B' for town office project - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Obama's national security aides meet to discuss Ukraine - 0
- Radio host wants official's lawsuit dismissed - 0
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin
GOP panel stresses teamwork, sincerity