Home » Opinion » Editorials
Treat dispensers: Obama and the Easter Bunny
The Eastery Bunny and President Obama have a lot in common. Both are dressed up characters with a mythology to sell. One plays a creature with magical powers who hops all over the world to deliver sweet treats, free of charge, to everyone who believes in him. The other is a low-wage dude in a rabbit costume.
President Obama thrives on his own myth: that the United States suffers from a shortage of goodies dispensed personally by him. He promises to rectify that by borrowing trillions of dollars to finance his egg-dispensing. Infrastructure funding here, college subsidies there, scientific research over there, with loads of new regulations to fertilize the seeds, and soon, like tulips in spring - bing! - the economy will shoot back to life.
He's put that magical thinking into practice for five years. It has not worked. And yet people still believe him, just as children believe in the Easter Bunny. Eventually, though, children grow up. What's the Obama voter's excuse?
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads