Atlas edges Phaneuf to win hockey crown
It was the third straight playoff game win for Atlas, which finished the regular season in last place with a record of 4-10-1. Atlas got off to a 2-0 lead as a result of goals from Roland Ducharme and Gary Glynn, who also had two assists.
Phaneuf tied the game on goals from John Fraitzl and Dave Beliveau.
Atlas regained the lead on a power-play goal by team captain Bob Petrin, only to have Phanuef tie the game once again when John Mosowitz scored on a blast from the point.
Most of the observers figured overtime was coming. But Morgan put that thought to rest when he scored the game-winner.
Dave Anstey was the winning goalie, turning aside 21 shots.
Scott Greer had 24 saves for Phaneuf.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- George Will: Executive discretion to the extreme - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Being better than New Jersey isn't good enough - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: GOP outrage machine might have finally gone too far - 47
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 2
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 4
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 13
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 21
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840