Atlas edges Phaneuf to win hockey crown
It was the third straight playoff game win for Atlas, which finished the regular season in last place with a record of 4-10-1. Atlas got off to a 2-0 lead as a result of goals from Roland Ducharme and Gary Glynn, who also had two assists.
Phaneuf tied the game on goals from John Fraitzl and Dave Beliveau.
Atlas regained the lead on a power-play goal by team captain Bob Petrin, only to have Phanuef tie the game once again when John Mosowitz scored on a blast from the point.
Most of the observers figured overtime was coming. But Morgan put that thought to rest when he scored the game-winner.
Dave Anstey was the winning goalie, turning aside 21 shots.
Scott Greer had 24 saves for Phaneuf.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: William Clarke was a first for Manchester - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: 'My very dear Mary…' Letters to Mary Bell - 1
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: Samuel N. Bell, 'inaugurating great enterprises' - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The talented and influential Bell family - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: Edward Custer: A life lived for the sake of art - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: Edward Custer, Swiss immigrant to Manchester, shines as an artist - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The Gale Home for Aged and Destitute Women still fills a need - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The Tale of Manchester's Mary Gale - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The Notre Dame de Lourdes School of Nursing — a legacy of service - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration projectREADER COMMENTS: 0
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840