Home » News » Public Safety
UPDATED: Dover man identified in Route 125 Lee crash
The driver of this Subaru was airlifted to a hospital in Boston, Mass., after the car collided with a 98,000-pound crane truck just south of the Lee traffic circle along Route 125 Monday afternoon. (JOHN QUINN/UNION LEADER CORRESPONDENT)
Around 1:15 p.m. Monday, Justin Mills was driving his Subaru north on Route 125 when he crossed the center line and collided with a crane heading south and being driven by Brian Daigle, 24, of New Boston. The crane is owned by American Crane Co. Inc. in Hooksett.
Mills suffered serious injuries and was flown to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. Daigle was not injured in the crash.
The accident, which happened about 1:15 p.m. Monday, is still under investigation.
A third vehicle, a Nissan behind the Subaru, swerved off the road to avoid the collision.
Police said Daigle tried to avoid the crash and, as a result, the crane went across Route 125, down an embankment and crashed into nearby woods.
Route 125 was closed for several hours while emergency personnel removed the wreckage and police investigated.
Lee police and fire were assisted at the scene by New Hampshire State Police and officers from Barrington and Durham. Also at the scene were McGregor Ambulance Co., Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advance Response Team (DHART) and members of the Strafford County Regional Traffic Accident Reconstruction Team.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax