The Right Reverend Rob Hirschfeld, Bishop of New Hampshire, said that for some time "there has been a spirit leading us to see that God's mission is outside our buildings." He said that the Boys and Girls Club is "doing God's work and doing it better than the churches are doing it." The sale of the church, he suggested, was an example of "new ways of defining our mission," adding that "the cost of maintaining the building has obstructed and hindered the mission of St. James." The church, said the bishop, seeks "to become much more a Christian movement than an institution."CLICK TO VIEW THE SOURCE MATERIAL
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.
Be the first to comment.
Post a comment