Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Grafton man identified as deceased in Walpole officer-involved shooting
Authorities identified the man as Larry Albert Bohannon, who was born in 1961, making him 51 or 52 years old.
Dr. Thomas Andrew, the state's chief medical examiner, performed an autopsy on Bohannon's body Saturday, according to the state Attorney General's Office.
"The investigation into the circumstances surrounding his death is continuing and no further information is expected to be released until early next week," the AG's office said in a statement.
Senior Assistant Attorney General Janice Rundles earlier said the man killed was involved in an armed robbery in Bellows Falls, Vt., earlier Friday. The man "was said to have worn a ski mask and carried a handgun," she said. The man fled to New Hampshire and officers from Walpole and Alstead pursued his vehicle.
"At the end of the pursuit, shots were fired and the suspect was killed at the scene," Rundles said.
She said she couldn't comment on whether the man fired at police or whether authorities recovered a handgun. She said the man failed to comply with orders from police.
David Tuttle, who lives next door to the crime scene, said he could hear a chase.
"I could hear sirens. Right here, I heard a screech and then a thud and a few seconds later, some shots and a little bit after that some shots," Tuttle told the New Hampshire Union Leader.
"I'm going to guess there were two groups, each with three or four (shots)," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 1
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 7
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax