Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Hollis man charged with stealing identity of soldier
Alberto Albearta-Gonzalez, 34, of 201 Silver Lake Road was arrested Thursday on one count of identity fraud.
Police opened an investigation Tuesday after they received a report from the Fort Riley, Kansas soldier. He told police someone in Hollis had used his name and Social Security number, allowing him to work and obtain credit.
Officer David Turgeon determined a man living in Hollis was using the soldier's name, had obtained a New Hampshire driver's license and had registered several vehicles.
About 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Turgeon stopped a 2002 Volkswagen Jetta, that was registered in the soldier's name, on Proctor Hill Road.
Police said the driver, Sabino Olguin Martinez, 45, also of 201 Silver Lake Road, was arrested because he did not have a valid driver's license. He was charged with operating a motor vehicle without a license and released on $500 personal recognizance bail.
Albearta-Gonzalez was arrested Thursday morning for identity fraud when he arrived at the police station to reclaim the Jetta.
Police said Albearta-Gonzalez, using the soldier's personal information, obtained numerous identity documents in his name, obtained lines of credit and created issues with the IRS by using the soldier's Social Security number.
He is being held without bail, based on a detainer issued by the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). He was arraigned Friday in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
Olguin Martinez is to be arraigned April 17.
ICE continues to investigate the case.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424