Monarchs score a huge road win
Eight teams from each conference qualify for the upcoming Calder Cup playoffs, and the Monarchs, with 69 points, remain two points behind Hershey for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. The loss dropped Worcester six points off the pace.
Manchester's Martin Jones stopped 40 shots in goal, withstanding a 19-shot barrage by the Sharks in the final period.
The Monarchs jumped out to a 3-0 lead, with Vincent LoVerde scoring what stood up as the game-winner at 8:59 of the first period on assist from Anthony Stewart and Brian O'Neill. It was LoVerde's second goal of the year.
A power play goal 29 seconds into the second by David Kolomatis, his sixth, made it 2-0 and Brandon Kozun pushed it to a three-goal lead midway through the period with his 24th tally of the season.
The Monarchs are back on the road Friday at Portland, before getting a week off. They start April with five of their first six games at home at the Verizon Wireless Arena, starting with a Friday, April 5 matchup against the Pirates.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 2
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
- Angry birds clash - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Wildcats defeat Maine to advance - 1
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- SNHU wins national title - 1
- UNH fires coach McCloskey over 'incident of inappropriate physical contact with a player' - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police recover shell casings in gunfire incident on Taylor Street - 1
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 3
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 2
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty