Helicopter egg drop set for Easter Sunday
It is the fourth year Next Level Church has hosted the Helicopter Egg Drop and the third year it has kept the locations secret until the day of the event.
The simultaneous egg drops will be held near Next Level Churches in Newington, Epping and Portland, Maine, about 30 minutes after services end. Admission is free, but children will only receive a ticket to the event when they attend that morning's services, where the secret drop location will be revealed.
The first year Next Level hosted the event, about 3,000 people registered but close to 12,000 people showed up.
"It was a great event, but we wanted to make sure that going forward there were no concerns for anybody," executive pastor Daniel King said.
"If we don't have a secret location, people will show up that didn't sign up," he added.
King said church officials have been asked many times if the requirement to attend services that day is a "trick" to get people to go to church.
"It would be dishonest for us to say the idea isn't that we want people to know God cares about them and we want them to come to church, but it is not a manipulation or a trick," he said. "We really think that they'll like it, and the people who come really do like it," King said.
Last year's drops took place at the Hampton Airfield, Endicott Park in Danvers, Mass., and Payson Park in Portland, Maine.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pipeline protest in Fitzwilliam - 0
- Poll shows Groton voters oppose new wind plants - 2
- Opposition lines up against new Alexandria wind plant proposal - 1
- PSNH's rate request puts it lower than competitors, a reversal from last year - 6
- Pipeline meeting in Mason draws big crowd - 0
- Kinder Morgan reveals route for pipeline at Milford meeting - 1
- Nature vs. man: Keeping the lights on - 1
- Pipeline pushback seen in NH - 7
- Meeting will inform Mason residents about proposed pipeline - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads