Home » News » Public Safety
Rockingham County attorney to review probe into death of teenager in Danville
"As soon as the reports are finished, we will review them on an expedited basis and make appropriate charging decisions," County Attorney Jim Reams said. "It is my hope that this can all be accomplished within a week of the receipt of the reports."
State police have released few details into the death of the 15-year-old boy. Authorities responded to the chief's Danville home on the night of March 11 after a shooting was reported.
State police Lt. Chris Vetter has said Parsons wasn't home at the time and that it's believed the boy was alone. Police have said only that they're investigating an "untimely death."
The medical examiner's office has declined to release the cause and manner of death, citing privacy concerns for the family.
On Tuesday, Vetter said the state police investigation into the incident was nearly complete and that the case will be forwarded to the Rockingham County Attorney's Office as soon as it's finished.
"I can say that the state police are looking into all pertinent facts regarding what occurred and how it occurred that evening. As for now, there really isn't anything additional to release," Vetter said.
Reams said no preliminary conclusions have been reached by state police.
He expects to have the case file by the end of the week and make a determination a week later.
"We will take a look at the evidence and see if any statutes have been violated," Reams said.
If his office determines that any laws were broken, "we will file charges," Reams said.
Reams said the records in the investigation will become public if no criminal case is brought forward as a result of the probe.
Union Leader Correspondent James Kimble contributed to this report.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 7
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072