Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages Laconia restaurant
Fire Lt. Chris Shipp said a box alarm in the restaurant alerted firefighters to the blaze at 3:10 a.m., and two minutes later a police officer confirmed the restaurant fire.
The early notification, Shipp said, meant firefighters were on the scene by 3:15 a.m. When crews arrived, they could see flames on the first floor and on the roof of the 60-by-50-foot building.
Fire crews had the blaze under control by 3:50 a.m. No one was inside the restaurant at the time of the fire and no one was injured.
Shipp said investigators have not determined how the fire started, but he said the kitchen was heavily damaged in the one-alarm blaze. He said the building was not destroyed, and he expects the restaurant could be reopened after extensive repairs.
Platoon 5 from the central fire station was first on the scene, followed by fire crews from the Weirs station. All off-duty personnel were called in as was mutual aid from Gilford. Belmont firefighters and Stewart's Ambulance covered the central station, while Meredith firefighters provided coverage for the Weirs station.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- All safe following early-morning Manchester blaze on West Side - 5
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 4
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry victim of Maine shooting expected to recover - 0
- Derry man facing sex assaults wants trial, rejects plea deal - 0
- Bail set at $20,000 for escapee captured after DWI wreck of stolen car - 0
- Utility truck overturns as vehicles dodge ladder on Route 101 in Exeter - 1
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 32
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'