Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
North Hampton woman with children in car faces aggravated DWI charge
Carrie Towne, 34, of the Pine Haven Motel was arrested around 6 p.m. Friday after a concerned citizen reported her erratic driving, Newmarket Police Lt. Kyle True said Tuesday.
A police officer followed Towne for quite a distance before stopping her, True said. The officer conducted a roadside conversation with Towne before requesting she perform a series of field sobriety tests, which she failed, True said.
True said the two children in the car were known to Towne; he would not say if they are Towne's children.
They were taken into protective custody and later released to a sober adult.
Towne was charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated as a result of having the children in the car. She was released on $1,500 personal recognizance bail and is scheduled to appear in the 10th Circuit Court, Brentwood Division, on May 7 for arraignment.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Somersworth plaza evacuated after phoned threat to blow up NH State Liquor Store - 0
- Londonderry man killed in cycle crash - 0
- Rowdy night ushers in Keene Pumpkin Festival - 0
- Police seek two men in Concord home invasion - 0
- No arrests in Manchester SWAT incident - 0
- Man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation found dead - 0
- Free Keene founder gets community service sentence for fraud conviction - 1
- UPDATED: Police locate man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation - 0
- Suspect in Hampstead home invasion seeks to have statements tossed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Canaan man dies after vehicle falls on him - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Crunch time and the dollars are flying in NH races - 0
- Vickers earns first pole in five years - 0
- James Pindell's The Back Story: Does the grassroots approach still work? - 4
- Shaheen: 'Don't Import Candiate That Outsources Jobs' - 18
- Abandoned Property: Romney, Brownies and even J.D. Salinger are on the list, are you? - 1
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Levasseur back on MPD's case, but this time with numbers - 5
- Answers sought over dead ducks, geese - 0
- Monitoring social media - 2
Monitoring social media
More violence at Keene
Boz Scaggs explores a bit of 'Memphis'
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy