Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
UNH professor faces simple assault charge in domestic dispute
Police allege David Smith, 67, of 27 Elm St., Newmarket, hit a female, live-in acquaintance with a cane.
The woman reported the alleged assault to police around 11:45 p.m. on Saturday night and Smith was arrested shortly thereafter, Newmarket Police Lt. Kyle True said Tuesday.
Smith was released on $1,500 personal recognizance bail and is scheduled to appear in the 10th Circuit Court, Brentwood division, on May 7, to be arraigned.
As a condition of bail he is to have no contact with the victim.
Smith is a professor of art history at UNH, according to the university's website. Smith also identified himself to police as a UNH professor during the booking process, True said.
He said it is the first contact the department has had with Smith.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 34
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424