Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
UNH professor faces simple assault charge in domestic dispute
Police allege David Smith, 67, of 27 Elm St., Newmarket, hit a female, live-in acquaintance with a cane.
The woman reported the alleged assault to police around 11:45 p.m. on Saturday night and Smith was arrested shortly thereafter, Newmarket Police Lt. Kyle True said Tuesday.
Smith was released on $1,500 personal recognizance bail and is scheduled to appear in the 10th Circuit Court, Brentwood division, on May 7, to be arraigned.
As a condition of bail he is to have no contact with the victim.
Smith is a professor of art history at UNH, according to the university's website. Smith also identified himself to police as a UNH professor during the booking process, True said.
He said it is the first contact the department has had with Smith.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge increases bail to $100,000 cash for Dover teen accused of starting fire Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester man accused of robbery at knifepoint - 0
- Sunapee man apologizes for deaths of Vermont couple - 0
- Hudson woman arrested in meth lab case - 0
- Candia police investigating possible pitbull fighting - 0
- Man shot by Nashua police says he was acting in self defense - 1
- Diocese issues narrative regarding investigation of monsignor - 0
- Bishops' statements on sentencing of Rev. Msgr. Arsenault - 0
- Man arrested after two men robbed on Canal Street - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH library halts book disposal after complaints - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Valenti Modified race was top shelf - 0
- Manchester school official points to 7 weapons cases not brought to conduct committee - 0
- Edie Loeb Tomasko dies, leaves UpReach Therapeutic Riding Center legacy - 0
- Witt named UNH women’s hockey coach - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Lacrosse: Bedford boys remains focused on third title - 0
- Fisher Cats steal home, beat New Britain - 0
- Executive Council vote: Centralized immunization registry becoming a reality - 0
- Littleton music store still playing the right notes - 0
New Hampshire Club Notes
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917