Woods surges into lead at Bay Hill
Four back of overnight leaders Justin Rose and Bill Haas when the day began, Woods walked off the course to wild cheers and in full command after returning a brilliant six-under 66 for with a two-shot lead over the fifth ranked Rose and American compatriots John Huh and Rickie Fowler.
Woods, who had a disastrous end to his second round on Friday while closing with three consecutive bogeys, stumbled out of the gate on Saturday, finding the fairway bunker with his opening drive but had his putter working early dropping an 11-foot putt to save par.
But to no one's surprise, he soon discovered his comfort zone on one of his all-time favourite layouts, mixing an eagle and five birdies with a single bogey.
Seven-times, including last year, Woods has triumphed at "Arnie's Place'' and one more victory today would match Sam Snead's PGA Tour record for most wins in a single event.
It would also see him reclaim top spot in the world rankings from Rory McIlroy.
"Generally our schedules are such that once we figure out what golf courses we like, we tend to play them,'' said Woods in a greenside interview. "That's been the case with my scheduling and look at few events over the course of my career I've played well on and this is one of them.''
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
- Wildcats shut down Black Bears again - 0
- U.S. preparing for grueling World Cup - 0
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
Casino for NH wins critical endorsement
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges