Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Exeter school party leads to arrests
Ryan Sullivan, 17, of Hampton and Meghan LaPierre, 17, of East Kingston were each charged with possession of alcohol by a minor, police Sgt. Peter Tilton said. He said five other students were also involved in the incident.
"I do anticipate more arrests being made at a later time," Tilton said. He said not all of the students were from Exeter High.
Morgan said one girl was taken to Exeter Hospital because of the incident, which he said involved alcohol and "possible drug use."
"I would suspect it was either (alcohol or drugs) or both" that the girl used, Morgan said.
Morgan didn't know how many students attended Friday night's "March Madness" dance, but he said Principal Sean Kiley, who is in his first year as principal, shut down the dance about 8:30 p.m. when the behavior involving alcohol was discovered. The dance was scheduled to run from 7 to 10 p.m.
Aside from the alleged drinking, it was "a pretty typical dance," he said. "I would say this is certainly an isolated incident."
All future dances, except for the junior and senior proms, have been canceled indefinitely, Morgan said.
Morgan said parents of the students involved have been notified. He said there were no reports of violent behavior.
Sullivan and LaPierre are scheduled to appear May 6 in Brentwood District Court, Tilton said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 0
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 0
- Vandal slashes holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 0
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- Grantham man gets prison in shooting death of wife - 0
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 1
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Ice storm threatens the region
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424